Friday, June 5, 2009

How To Start Your Affiliate Marketing Business The Right Way

It is hard to make money with affiliate marketing. It is even harder when you are new in the business. Why I say this is not to push you away from this profitable career but to prep you for the coming challenges.

Can you recall how you started your affiliate marketing business? I remember mine.

I started with no experience so I start to look in the internet hoping to find some lead. I read articles, joined newsletter, downloaded freebies and bombarded with offers.

I know I don't want to spend money downloading any products before I start making money with this business, but every free information I got led me back to priced product. And finally I said what the heck and bought one of the products I think is going to help me.

I can't say the product didn't work. It just didn't work as well as I expected. I have seen a of the information the book show me and I have to buy the back end product which was said to answer the questions I had with the first product.

The second product was OK and again I felt something was still missing and again I was introduced to another product by another guru. The sales pitch sounded promising and the price was affordable. So, I bought the ebook as well. But again I was disappointed.

Then I have to go back to the internet and look for more information. And the more I look at the information, the more I got confused by it. Everything seems nice and workable. Everything felt like profitable and everything sounded promising.

I was hesitated to start my affiliate marketing business because I was afraid to start with all the "seems to work" method. I was afraid to start the business with the x ways only to find that the y ways work better.

I was afraid to fail my only way out of the rat race.

All that sounds too familiar. Doesn't it?

I was stuck with no where to go. Then I read an article about keeping my life in order and I started to,
  1. Identify what I want. What do I want to achieve with affiliate marketing? What do I really want with affiliate marketing? It was only then it was clear to me that me being financially free is not the number reason why I join affiliate marketing.

    What I really want was to be with my family and being financially free is my way to achieve it.

    So, what do you really want with this business? Be clear about that now.
  2. Find out where you are now and what you need to do to move forward with your business. Be honest with yourself. You might need to understand more about affiliate marketing, have a website, build a list or simply drive more traffic.

    When you know what it is, go and work for it.
  3. Plan your schedule. Now, one of the things that separate you from the successful affiliate marketers is that they plan what they need to do and you don't.

    I was like that when I started the business. I simply go with my feeling and work with what comes up first and when something else emerge during the process, I will leave what I was doing and rush into what ever that came up. It was messy...

    So, if you want to make money with affiliate marketing, at least start with a plan of what you want to do tomorrow.

I hope the tips help you to start your business in the right way.

Now, I want to show you a special email to help you to save money when you are building your affiliate marketing business. This will help you to start making money online cost effectively. :-)

Create your success,

Wong Michael. :-)
http://www.beyondaffiliatecash.com/

Remember, making money with affiliate marketing is easy when you know how. :-)

P.S. Building a successful affiliate marketing business can be devastating sometime. Still, you can always talk to me and get more tips of how you can earn your online income with ease.

No comments: