Sunday, January 18, 2009

Traffic...

Let me ask you, what is targeted traffic?

It is just visitors who are interested to your offer in your website or blog. Since you are reading this, you are my targeted traffic and targeted traffic to other internet marketing or affiliate marketing website.

Then, you might ask how can you create targeted traffic?

The first thing I am going to show you is article marketing. Some refer submitting articles to article directories is the surefire way to attract targeted traffic. This is because people who click on your link in the resource box are people who are interested in your article and therefore would like to see what you can offer at your website.

What more is that when your article is good, other publisher will publish your article on their website. That is free advertising, if you ask me. And the best part for article marketing is that you can get all these benefits for FREE. :-)

Next, is newsletter. You can either advertise on other's newsletter or create your own. The benefit of having your own newsletter is that you have full control over what you want to show your audiences. You can say whatever you think is appropriate and convince your audiences with your own style.

Whereas when you are advertising on other's newsletter, your content might be edited to suit the owner's content. Some might think that it is bad to have their content edited but when you look at the fact that you are leveraging on the owner's huge visitor base, it might not sound so bad after all.

Then how else can you attract targeted traffic to your affiliate marketing website?

What I did was I took part in forum discussion. Again, this is a FREE way to attract targeted traffic to your business. When you answer to a thread, you automatically setup an image that you are someone who can solve the member problem. Logically, the more difficult question you can answer, you will look more like an expert in the field.

When you are perceive as an expert in the field, more members are going to click on your link. When that happens, rejoice that you are seeing hundreds or more clicks to your website.

After that, you can also try exchanging links. The trick to doing this is to look for websites that are related to your niche but not in direct competition with you. Let's say you are the affiliate for trumpets. What you want to do is to exchange links with websites which are offering trumpet courses or guides about maximizing your trumpet.

Before you want to ask for link exchange, you will want to develop your website first. When you have more quality content on your website, it will increase your chances of getting other website owner linking to you.

The other way of getting targeted traffic to your affiliate marketing business is to buy it. However, there is a strong debate whether you should buy traffic or not. So, I am going to talk to you about the pros and cons of buying traffic.

First off, what is buying traffic all about?

When you buy traffic, one of the sources of the traffic come from expired domain name. When someone searches for that website, he or she will be redirected to your website. This can be done when you categorized your business during your purchase. This process allows you to leverage on the traffic build by the previous domain owner. Imagine how much traffic you can enjoy when that domain name was listed the top 5 in your business.

Then, some people argue that since that domain name was getting such a big hit, why in the world someone wants to give it up? To some degree, I do agree on that. If you are getting so many visitors a day, will you give up your domain name? You will see to it that the domain name sticks to you for life.

Some also said that the traffic you are buying is actually generated by computer software. There are no real people really look at your website. However, to be fair, I believe that there are honest and legitimate companies do crack their head, thinking how to get you the traffic you bought.

Another thing about buying traffic is that you need to track the result. You can setup a system to look at the IP address that visited you but that might involve a great deal of money. Then, what you can do is look at your earning. Do you make more money with affiliate marketing after you bought the traffic? If you are not, probably you want to think about asking for refund.

I personally never buy traffic. It is not that I don't believe in them, it is because I don't have the time to monitor the result. I would rather write more articles and blog posts which I know I can get targeted traffic.

The other way to attract traffic to your affiliate marketing business is by Pay Per Click (PPC). To be frank, I hardly do this because I suck in it. I have spent lots of money on it. Despite the tutor tried to help me, I still fail miserably in this. I think I am just too "slow" in this method. But that doesn't mean that PPC is any less to attract targeted traffic. When you do this right, you will be able to get as much targeted traffic as you want with the least investment in every click. There are tons of success stories for PPC just that I am not the right person to advice you on that.

Perhaps you can look at this:

=> AdWords For Dummies (For Dummies (Computer/Tech))

This has been a long post about traffic and I think I better stop here. I hope that you understand what I said in the post and I hope you enjoy it. :-)

Create your success,

Wong Michael. :-)
http://www.beyondaffiliatecash.com/

Remember, earning big is easy when you know how. :-)

P.S. Building a successful affiliate marketing can be devastating sometime. Still, you can always talk to me and get more tips of how you can earn your affiliate income with ease.

No comments: