Saturday, March 21, 2009

How To Know Which Product Is Worth Promoting? - Part 3

And before I parted with my tutor, he also asked me to look into the cost before I decide on which affiliate marketing program to promote. Again, it doesn't make sense to use the commission to pay for all the marketing cost.

At that time, I wasn't really sure how to manage my cost, so he used the example of PPC. Unfortunately, I can't really recall the exact number he used, so I will try my best here to show you what I learn from the man.

As you all know, you pay the search engines whenever someone click on your PPC ad. Let's say your conversion rate is 1% which means 1 customer per 100 clicks, this then means that you will probably need to spend at least $10 per sale. Now, depending on how much you want for your net profit, you will need to decide on your marketing cost.

Let's imagine you want 50% net profit, that means you will need to make at least $20 a sale so that you can spend $10 on marketing and another $10 for your pocket. Nice. Isn't it? I think so too. :-)

This can sound quite complicated if you are just starting out with affiliate marketing business. Never mind, just look at the equation again and you will get what I mean. :-)

So, that sounds easy for marketing cost which you can put a number to it. How about article and blog marketing which you write your own publication or forum marketing which you need to sit down, spend time reading members post and answering their questions?

Unfortunately, I didn't ask my tutor about that but since I don't really do PPC (I suck in it), I spend most of my time writing. To me personally, I seldom spend more than an hour writing an article.

I still remember that I need to edit my articles and send them to 20 plus article directories. Just imagine the time I spent to have one article online. It is not just about writing an article. If I were to spend more than an hour per article, I will still be struggling for my affiliate marketing business today.

So you see, it is quite subjective to put a "cost" on article, blog or forum marketing. You will need to manage that yourself. Sorry that I can't be much help on this. :-(


Trust that you can create your own online success,

Wong Michael. :-)
http://www.beyondaffiliatecash.com/

Remember, making money with affiliate marketing is easy when you know how. :-)

P.S. Building a successful affiliate marketing business can be devastating sometime. Still, you can always talk to me and get more tips of how you can earn your affiliate income with ease.

No comments: